Type your name and email address below for newsletter subscriptions.
International Academic Conference (IACD)
Dubai, UAE, 2014
Co-hosted by the
Academy of Business and Retail Management, &
Journal of Business and Retail Management Research
Holiday Inn Downtown, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
20th -21th January 2014
Overview of the Conference
The Academy of Business & Retail Management is proud to have an established record to organising and managing international academic conferences. This Conference seeks to elucidate a wealth of issues in all aspects of business management, health and social care sciences, management education, teaching and learning methodologies and many more. Contributions should therefore be of interest to scholars, practitioners and researchers in management in both developed and developing countries targeting a worldwide readership.
To elucidate an issue that is becoming ever more important as global economies become intertwined.
To learn more of the key concepts and frameworks from all disciplines regarding wide range of contemporary issues in business and management.
To consider the pedagogy for teaching the issue of business & management, including recommendations about topics, syllabi and course materials.
To meet, mingle and network with professionals and colleagues from all over the world.
Example of topics appropriate to the conference include
• International retailing and diversification
• Innovation in retailing, ethical produce procurement and development
• Customer satisfaction, customer loyalty and retention strategies
• Customer Relationships marketing (CRM)
• Consumer attitudes to ecological and ethical issues
• Market liberalisation and impact on supply chain
• The linkage between international trade and overseas aid
• International Trade in the context of the current economic climate
• Transparency in government procurement
• Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS)
• Remittances and their part in trade and export development
• The interplay between the G4 and trade round implementation issues
• How trade facilitation is conceptualized and made operational in different emerging markets
• The role of the Special Safeguard Mechanism (SSM)
• The linkages between global trade and corporate social responsibility
• The language and rhetoric of import sensitive products
• The role of tariff barriers and agro-subsidies
• Management and retail marketing
• Business management
• Business policies, strategies, and performance
• Creativity in Internet management and retailing
• Innovation and product development, Business strategies
• Marketing management and strategies
• International retailing, all aspect of retail management
• Business and retail research
• Consumer behaviour, Customer relationship management
• Public relations and retail communication
• Human Resources Management Practices and policies
• Information technology, Management Information Systems
• Globalisation, regional integration, international business, cross cultural management
• Multinational Corporations, transfer pricing, export and economic growth
• Regional integration
• Productivity and global sourcing
• Trade and economic liberalisation
• Health and social care management, regulating in a changing health and social care sector
• Private and public healthcare in 21st century
• Promoting patience safety in hospital, mental health,
• Governance practices in health care sector
• Care in community
• Teaching and learning for life long learning sector
• The future of business education, assessment methods and techniques
• the structure and curricula of current and future business education
• Cross cultural issues in education, use of technology in teaching and learning
• Emotional intelligence in teaching
Please note that this list is only indicative of possible topic areas that contributors may wish to consider while they develop their papers for the conference.
Who should attend ?
Faculty members or leaders who wish to develop or enhance programmes of study into business and management,
Academics and policy makers seeking to gain a broader insight into the issue of international trade,
Academics wishing to elucidate their own academic papers and benefit from subsequent discussions into issued raised,
Faculty members who wish to forge fresh contacts in their field of study,
Business and Management Schools,
Directors of Finance,
Officials of donor agencies
Non-Governmental Organisations Representatives
Education and training professionals,
Health Professionals including Doctors, Nurses and Experts in Health & Social Care Industry,
Scientists, Engineers, IT Professionals & Environmentalists both from corporate and academic fields,
Legislators and various law professionals.
Benefits of Attending this Conference
A fabulous opportunity to interact with fellow academics,
An opportunity to see firsthand something of one of the fastest growing economies,
Academics will be able to enhance their research skills,
A chance to present your paper and have it appraised and discussed by fellow academics,
Conference attendee voting will determine recipients of conference Best Paper awards which will be considered for our journal publication,
Those who attend will automatically get go on to the priority booking for future conferences,
Attendees will be eligible for an automatic 10% reduction on our next conference.
Note for Author
Submitted papers should not have been previously published, nor be currently under consideration for publication. All papers are evaluated double blind through a peer review process. A Guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on our website at www.abrmr.com
Draft Submission Deadline: 9th December 2013 Final Paper Submission Deadline: 23rd December 2013 Publication Release: 20th January 2014
Authors are invited to submit original research papers, case studies, reviews, work in progress reports, abstracts, students' papers or research proposals within the broad scope of the conference. All submitted paper will be double blind peer reviewed for consideration in the conference. Papers should follow the required style and format. All manuscripts Should Be Professionally Proofread Before the submission. The best papers from the conference will be recognised and will be considered for publication in one of the journals, The Journal of Business and Retail Management Research (JBRMR) and The International Journal of Business and Economic Development (IJBED).
Authors submission will be published in the conference proceeding under The Business & Management Review and also online. Please note papers with more than three authors will not be permitted and no paper can exceed more than fifteen (15) pages in orders for it to be published in the conference proceeding. However, if a paper exceeds fifteen (15) pages then the full paper will be uploaded online and only the abstract will be published in the conference proceeding.
Papers should be submitted to the Editor-in-chief electronically through the online system as e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Session timing: 15 minutes will be allowed for each presentation.
Presentation equipment: Presentation rooms will be equipped with a laptop and projector screen for PowerPoint presentations (Please note there will not be a transparency projector available.). Be sure to bring your presentation on a flash drive or USB drive.
Republishing a Presentation: Authors are free to publish their presentation elsewhere without fear of copyright problems and without permission from the ABRMR. However, conference papers that are selected for and published in our journals are copyrighted by the Journal of Business and Retail Management Research with the copyright given back to the author. We do this because we need to protect ourselves in case the paper has been plagiarized. Papers are only published in our journal with the consent of the author.
Abstract-Only Publications: Authors often elect to publish only the abstract of their presentation in the conference proceedings. This effectively gives the author until the conference date to complete the paper. This also means that the author is free to submit the paper to another journal without copyright consequences. This is possible because the paper has never been published elsewhere since only the abstract was published in the proceedings. The ABRMR does not copyright the proceedings, which means that authors are still free to do as they see fit with the paper. Consequently, authors can claim academic credit for a conference presentation, a refereed conference proceedings publication, and possibly a journal publication from one piece of research.
CPE Credit: Professionals seeking Continuing Professional Education Credit should contact the conference chair or indicate on the Registration Form that they must receive CPE credit for attending the conference. Necessary paperwork is required and will be available at the conference registration desk.
Dress Code: Lounge
Holiday Inn Holiday Inn Downtown – Dubai Deira, Al Rigga Street, P.O Box: 29499 Dubai, United Arab Emirates T: +971 4 2288889 F: +971 4 2288866